San Jose Wrongful Death LawyerRequest Free Consultation
Losing a loved one is an incredibly difficult thing to experience, especially if the loss of life occurred due to the negligent actions of someone else. At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi, we are standing by to help if you need a San Jose wrongful death attorney by your side. Let us examine the facts of your case and help guide you towards the best path of recovering compensation and closure for your loss.
Turn to Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi for Help After a Tragedy
- At Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi, our attorneys have the experience and resources necessary to help families get through this difficult time and stand up to at-fault parties.
- We firmly believe in putting clients first, which means you and your family will be the center of our attention while the case is ongoing.
- Because we take wrongful death claims in San Jose on a contingency fee basis, this means you will not have to pay any legal fees until we recover the compensation you need.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim in San Jose
When we examine Code of Civil Procedure 377.60, we see that there are only specific individuals allowed to file wrongful death claims in civil court. This includes the following:
- The surviving spouse or domestic partner of the deceased
- The surviving children of the deceased
- Any grandchildren of the deceased children of the decedent
In the event there is no individual surviving in the direct line of descent, the wrongful death claim can be filed by any person who would have been entitled to the property of the decedent through lawful intestate succession. This can include the parents of the deceased, siblings of the deceased, or any person who was dependent on the deceased at the time of death.
What Compensation Can Your Family Receive?
Survivors of the deceased may be entitled to various types of compensation for their losses. These damages typically fall into two categories: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages for a wrongful death claim can include:
- Any financial support the deceased would have contributed to the family had they lived
- Loss of benefits or gifts that the family members would have expected to receive from the decedent during their lifetime
- Funeral and burial expenses
- A reasonable dollar value for household services the deceased would have been able to provide had they survived
Non-economic damages for a wrongful death claim in California can include:
- The loss of the deceased’s companionship, comfort, assistance, love, care, protection, and moral support
- A spouse or partner’s loss of intimacy they enjoyed with the deceased
- Loss of guidance provided by the deceased to their family members
Call a San Jose Wrongful Death Lawyer Immediately
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligent actions of another individual or entity in the San Jose area, turn to the team at Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi for help immediately. We want to help you file your claim on time, and assist you by handling every aspect of the case on your behalf. Let us fight for you to receive closure and compensation for your losses. When you need a San Jose wrongful death attorney, you can contact us by filling out our contact form or calling (310) 477-1700.